[Typo3] Typo3 vs OpenCMS

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 19:50:26 CEST 2005

> > windows-like interface is straight-forward
Sorry dudes, Windows may be a familiar interface but it cannot therefore be
construed as straight-forward or friendly. The Windows interface is full of
logical inconsistencies and remains non task orientated despite 'rounded
corner' appearances. I still laugh every time I 'Start' in order to shutdown.

TYPO3 has this really cool left > middle > right task flow that all users I
have worked with pick up really easily and still get a buzz from using.

Click > Click > Click rather than the Windows confused task orientation of
left nav, or top menu or context menu or dialogue box.

From my experience, all CMS require a big degree of learning and
customisation. So choose the CMS that has the greatest familiarity for you to
customise ie, PHP vs ASP vs Java etc. and remember not to forget the one
thing all TYPO3 users say - TYPO3 truly remains unlimited in what you can do.
It just takes a while to find out how sometimes.

Good luck.
Matthew