[Typo3] News update and Cache-Control Headers

Aldo Polli a.polli at mir.it
Tue Jul 26 18:46:45 CEST 2005

Hi,
I have enabled Cache-Control Headers (I have set config.sendCacheHeaders =
1 in the Setup section of my template).
In my home page (id=1) I have a tt_news plugin in the LATEST mode.
In the sysfolder for the news articles I have set TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd = 1
(in the
PageTSconfig section).

Consequently when I save a new news article, the cache for the home page is
cleared but I can see the new article in the page only after issuing a
force-reload of the browser.

This happens because the Last-Modified header of the page doesn't change
and the client-side caching still remains.

How can I operate in order to get the Last-Modified header changed?

Thanks in advance,
Aldo