[Typo3] Publishing as static HTML ?

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue Jul 26 09:12:56 CEST 2005

Bart Veldhuizen wrote:

>Op 25-jul-2005, om 10:59 heeft Jacob Lindhardsen het volgende
>geschreven:
>

>>All tghings concidered it is rather stupid to have pages generated
>>on-the-fly if they dont change.
>>
>>So what is the status of publishing TYPO3 pages as static HTML ?
>>Why can I not just tell TYPO NOT to throw away the cache at
>>midnight - but leave it in stead ?
>>

>Still, retrieving pages from the cache (which is in the database) is
>not as fast as retrieving true static HTML. We use the publishing
>mechanism on blender3d.org and despite high traffic (such as during
>times that we are mentioned on Slashdot) the server simply *screams*.
>It's also our workaround for not having workflow; only a limited
>number of people have publishing rights.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Bart

Same here,
I would love to so a robust functionality for static HTML.
On our current server typo3 does between 6 and 10 pages/sec :((
Appart from that I love typo3...

Ries

--
R. van Twisk
http://www.metamorf.net

Our Typo3 enabled website: http://www.livetravelguides.com
Instand help for Typo3?    irc:/irc.freenode.net/typo3
Looking for documentation? http://typo3.org/documentation/