[Typo3] Publishing as static HTML ?

Bart Veldhuizen bart at vrotvrot.com
Tue Jul 26 09:21:23 CEST 2005

Op 25-jul-2005, om 10:59 heeft Jacob Lindhardsen het volgende
geschreven:

> All tghings concidered it is rather stupid to have pages generated
> on-the-fly if they dont change.
>
> So what is the status of publishing TYPO3 pages as static HTML ?
> Why can I not just tell TYPO NOT to throw away the cache at
> midnight - but leave it in stead ?

Still, retrieving pages from the cache (which is in the database) is
not as fast as retrieving true static HTML. We use the publishing
mechanism on blender3d.org and despite high traffic (such as during
times that we are mentioned on Slashdot) the server simply *screams*.
It's also our workaround for not having workflow; only a limited
number of people have publishing rights.

Cheers,

Bart