[Typo3] handle <br> in text from DB

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Jul 21 12:17:44 CEST 2005

Jane Larsen wrote:

>I have made an extension where I pickup some text from a table created
>with the extension kickstarter. The text includes some weird
>characters (squares etc.) I know that the field type is tiny text /
>not editable in the kickstarter but can I choose something that can
>avoid showing theese characters?

You need to create the  <br /> tags yourself (as far as I know).
Using a simple search/replace function look for line breaks and change
to <br />

Ries

--
R. van Twisk
http://www.metamorf.net

Our Typo3 enabled website: http://www.livetravelguides.com
Instand help for Typo3?    irc:/irc.freenode.net/typo3
Looking for documentation? http://typo3.org/documentation/