[Typo3] If i use "config.locale_all = tr_TR", links are broken

Metin Yilmaz info at yilmazfoto.de
Thu Jul 21 20:11:48 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I don't have much experience with Typo3. Maybe i Found a bug (i dont now
Typo3 or PHP?). It was not possible to find some usefull information in
any source of typo3, so before i report it to Typo3-Buglist, i prefer to
ask you on the list:

I have a site in german and turkish, it works without problems (Typo
3.8, server at mittwald Medien, Germany). I use UTF-8 in database and TS
Setup. I can switch to turkish with config.language= tr in TS Setup.

If i set the language and country settings for turkish in TS Config
Setup of root page with

"config.locale_all =  tr_TR"

then i have names of days etc. in turkish too, but all of my links
(internal or external)are in the FE broken! In BE anything looks ok...

I made a lot of tests with the same problem: Typo3 3.7, 3.8 and with PHP
4.3.0, PHP 4.3.3, MySQL 3.23, MySQL 4.1. Same Problem with Typo3 LiveCD.

I found, that if i dont use RTE or htmlArea, and if i write "<link
somedomain.tld>Test<link>" in a content element, that meens with small
"i", then the links are working in the FE. So i think, i have maybe a
problem with the big "I", maybe that have to do with the big "I with
point" in turkish?

Does anyone else have problems like this, maybe with other languages?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Metin Yilmaz