[Typo3] Database update fails upon extension installation

Nick Weisser typo3 at openstream.ch
Wed Jul 13 23:16:41 CEST 2005

Nick Weisser wrote:

> When I click on the "Make updates" button the extenson is installed, but
> nothing is imported into the database.

I found the problem!

In my ext_tables_static+adt.sql file where the same sql create
statements are expected, there was a minute difference and mistake
respectively.

I simply forgot the comma after "PRIMARY KEY (uid)"

So it was

CREATE TABLE tx_openstreamgita_chapters (
uid int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL auto_increment,
pid int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
title text NOT NULL,
title_english text NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (uid)
UNIQUE uid (uid)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

CREATE TABLE tx_openstreamgita_verses (
uid int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL auto_increment,
pid int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
chapter int(2) NOT NULL default '0',
verse varchar(8) NOT NULL default '',
text text NOT NULL,
text_english text NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (uid)
UNIQUE uid (uid)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

instead of

CREATE TABLE tx_openstreamgita_chapters (
uid int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL auto_increment,
pid int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
title text NOT NULL,
title_english text NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (uid),
UNIQUE uid (uid)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

CREATE TABLE tx_openstreamgita_verses (
uid int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL auto_increment,
pid int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
chapter int(2) NOT NULL default '0',
verse varchar(8) NOT NULL default '',
text text NOT NULL,
text_english text NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (uid),
UNIQUE uid (uid)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

I hope this might help someone in the future!

Cheers,
Nick