[Typo3] Sorting newloginbox userlisting by custom field

Ben Chapman ben.chapman at emory.edu
Tue Jul 12 19:29:59 CEST 2005

Hello!

We would like to use the newloginbox userlisting to list our faculty
members. However, we need to be able to sort by last name. I used the
kickstarter to extend fe_users to add last name (surname or family name)
and first name (given name) fields. We can now display the information
on our site like this:

http://www.law.emory.edu/cms/site/index.php?id=806

However, I cannot find a way to sort by the new fields created by the
extension that added the two new fields to the database. I apologize if
this is obvious to others, but can anyone tell me what I need to do next
to get the sorting?

Best regards,

Ben Chapman
Emory University School of Law