[Typo3] new Knowledgebas extension - ideas wanted
vanweel at cistron.nl
Tue Jul 12 11:17:30 CEST 2005
Im writing this because of an extension we are going to make for internal use and for one of our clients. The extension will be a knowledgebase, in which questions/articles are shown, and can be browsed and searched (kind of like the extension moc_articles: http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/moc_articles/).
Because of the size of the project and the will to create an extension that is as flexible and extensive as possible, we were wondering if anyone would take a (quick) look at our list of specifications and maybe give your comments and extend them with your own list of wishes and ideas (also taking into account the option to eventually use this extension for yourself for example). Or maybe you can think of a knowledgebase that is already created with features you
think should be in the knowledgebase.
Our list of specifications:
1. An infinite number of categories (parents/childs)
2. Articles can have images/documents and links attached
3. Articles can be put in more than 1 category
4. Articles can be put into different difficulty levels (ie. Beginner,
5. Users will be able to add reactions to articles kind of like the manual on
6. Answers of users can be rated. Users can filter reactions on the ratings.
7. The whole knowledgebase can be searched
8. Backend-users will have categories attached to their profile
9. Frontend users can ask questions from the knowledgebase backend users
which fit the category will receive a notification of a new question asked and
The whole system will be flexible in setup: if you dont want FE-users to
submit questions, it can be turned off. If you dont want responses to
solutions, it can be turned off etc.
Thanks for your time and response in advance.
The mailing list archive is found here:
More information about the TYPO3-english