[Typo3] Re: LOGIN ERROR - COOKIES

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Thu Jul 7 08:55:14 CEST 2005

> >> There seems no logical pattern in this behaviour since I am able to log
> >> into other installations on a DIFFERENT server from the systems which
> >> has a problem with a specific installation.

Jaco,

This scenario has come up a lot in the past months on this list and despite
hours of frustrated tweaks and checks the problem remains elusive.

Just for the numbers, I have had the same problem for a while. Some people can
log in while others either cannot log in or the cookie is dropped after a few
minutes of using the site in admin mode both FE and BE.

The problem goes away when using alternative combinations of browser/ISP etc.

I have no doubt this is NOT a Typo3 issue but a server/ISP issue.

I am no closer to solving it but suspect it may have something to do with the
ever increasing security settings of both web hosts and ISP's. It is possible
that firewalls or proxy servers are screwing things up by dropping certain
connections under certain criteria.

From a client perspective it really undermines my services and the credibility
of Typo3 when it has nothing to do with it at all.

This is Off Typo3 Topic, but such an issue for Typo3 users caught in this
situation. Are there any server/ISP guru's here who can consider why it might
be happening if it is happening at this stage.

Furthermore, does anyone have a sure fire way of testing this methodically to
eliminate the elements and hopefully pin down the cause.

Matthew