[Typo3] LOGIN ERROR - COOKIES

Jaco Graaff jaco at spacexplorer.co.za
Tue Jul 5 21:10:04 CEST 2005

Login-error

No user logged in! Sorry, I can't proceed then!

(You must have cookies enabled!)

Hi List - I have a recuring problem in my typo installations. I wonder if
anyone has experienced the same issue. One of my sites suddenly refused me
login from specific computers. While I could still log into a typo installed
on a server were  most of my sites are located, I could not log into a demo
installation on a different server. I could log into this demo site with the
same user name and password from the laptop of a partner with roaming
internet connection (not using my connection) sitting next to me.

Now since I spend a lot of time trying to resolve this issue and because it
was only a demo site I just let it go and rather deployed the demo on
another server. Suddenly I'm getting the issue on my main site were clients
could not log into typo with the correct user-name and password. From their
computers I can however log into other typo3 installations on different
servers. I can also log into typo from my computer. Now this is causing a
lot of time lost and credibility issues from clients.

There seems no logical pattern in this behaviour since I am able to log into
other installations on a DIFFERENT server from the systems which has a
problem with a specific installation.

thx

Jaco