[Typo3] Move site - how?

Jakob Rohde jakob.rohde at nal-net.dk
Fri Jan 28 22:30:08 CET 2005

Hi Christoph,

I tried another method - for non workaholics... And it worked!

I exported the entire tree and imported it as a subtree under a dummy
page created on "site B". It gave me a lot of error messages caused by
missing extensions.

Then I installed the missing extensions, deleted the imported site,
cleared all cache and imported once again. This time witout error messages.

And then I spimply clicked on the page which was previously the top most
page, and moved it to the top. Afterwards I deleted the dummy page.
(Maybe it would be an ides for the next Typo3 version to add a "Import
from .td3" menu item to the drop down menu of the site icon in the page
tree?).

I also copied the relevant directories and files from fileadmin to the
new server.

Voila!

I have moved the site to a server, which is to function as a development
/ staging site in the future. It is my intention, that I will test new
modules and new versions of Typo3 etc. on this server before installing
them on the future production server. I have noticed the precense of a
backend module called "liveserver sync". Do you, or any other reader of
this list, have any experience with this one?

Jakob