[Typo3] Move site - how?

Christoph Roth c.roth at themelios.de
Fri Jan 28 19:57:57 CET 2005

Jakob Rohde schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I need to move an entire site from one T3 server to another. I exported

hi,

if you just want to move a complete site from server A to server B you
can do the following:

On server A:

1. log into the backend, clear all cache.
2. Make a dump of the site's database (for example with Typo3's built in
phpmyadmin module)
3. make a zip or tar archive of the site's file tree, including the
source tree.

On server B:

1. create a new empty database and pipe in the database dump from Server A
2. unpack the file tree archive from server A on server B

You may check the path entries of some binaries with the install tool on
server B, for example ImageMagick could have moved to another directory.
Also the PHP configuration may have changed on the new server.

This whole procedure sounds a bit dirty, but I have done it serveral
times with no problems on Linux, even with more complex sites of several
hundred pages.

Good luck,

Christoph