[Typo3] Real URL problems

Edu Ponz eduponz at azimut-si.com
Fri Jan 28 10:37:41 CET 2005

Hi there list,

I am trying to get Real URL working, but I feel totally uncapable of
doing that after many hours spent reading docs, testing,
configurating, looking for answer in the TYPO3 lists, TYPO3 wiki,
googling, looking at apache documentation and so on...

My configuration is the following:

- Windows Xp with WAMP5 1.2:
	Apache/1.3.31 (Win32)
	PHP: 4.3.8
	MySQL: 4.0.18-nt-log
- TYPO3 3.6.2
- realurl 0.1.4
- automaketemplate 0.1.0 (thoug I'd like to configure realurl at
another site with TV later on)

I have been following the Real URL documentation and nothing has
changed, I don't even know if apache is well configured. As I have all
my projects in different directories under "www", I modified the
.htaccess for my current project. If I write something wrong there,
nothing happens so I am missing something cause apache it's not
reading my .htaccess...

So, I have tried to set a VirtualHost in httpd.conf but I don't see
any change when I load the website. If I write something wrong in
httpd.conf to see if it works, i can't run apache. If it runs, I got
no syntax error, but i don't even know if the configuration is ok.

I followed the installation steps in realurl:

1. Install in the EM
2. Configure Apache
3. Modify templates
4. Configure the extension

No problem with number 1 and I think number 3 are ok (I set base in TS
template), but i am not sure about 2 and 4. I am doing this at a small
site, so i just need to translate id's to words and that's it. I also
have tt_news, but i am sure the code snippets I've seen will help me
to set the advanced configuration. But I haven't found a simple
configuration for just the id translation and nothing else.

Hopefully, my doubts are very lame questions that are easy to answer,
but I have spent so much time I am fully desperate right now.

I will be thankfully for any help and pointers...

Greetings and thanks in advance,

Edu