[Typo3] Multiple sites running on the same machine

Matthias Taugwalder matthias.taugwalder at bluewin.ch
Wed Feb 23 20:03:27 CET 2005

Hi all

I just worked me through the "getting started" tutorial on the typo web site
and now some questions occured:

There's the possiblity to manage multiple sites (see chapter about different
domains) with one instance of
typo3 running.

Now I want to have multiple sites for multiple projects with idependent
users. What's the best way to achieve this?

Variant 1: Have one instance of typo3 with different domains set and
restrict the users to each according part in the page tree

Variant 2: Have multiple instances running which each separate databases for
the users, etc.

Is there a different in the performance between this two variants?

Thanks for your inputs in advance and best regards from Switzerland:

Matthias Taugwalder

---
Matthias Taugwalder
matthias.taugwalder at bluewin.ch