[Typo3] Multiple sites running on the same machine

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Wed Feb 23 20:13:38 CET 2005

Matthias Taugwalder wrote:
> Variant 1: Have one instance of typo3 with different domains set and
> restrict the users to each according part in the page tree
>
> Variant 2: Have multiple instances running which each separate databases for
> the users, etc.
>
> Is there a different in the performance between this two variants?

AFAIK there is not much difference between those two variants.

If you have 5000+ sites on each single instance you should go the varian with
single databases ... if each site has just a few hundred pages theres no problem
to go with the single-instance variant.

I normally prefer to make single instances for our customers so it would also be
possible to give them an admin account (some customers want this)

But one of our customers had 4 different sites which all should be made by us and
each site was in German and English with the 2-tree concept ...

So I had 8 sites in the same installation in real. There were no performance problems

greets,
Bernhard