[Typo3] TV - localized FCE dissapears

Daniel Vordemvenne dv at forty-four.de
Thu Feb 17 08:56:37 CET 2005

Hello,

I've read many posts about TV and multilanguage, that it is not supported,
supported, maybe supported and so on. I couldn't find any aktual statements
from the developers nor any statements about this using the current Version
0.4, too. So I tried.

Localization of navigation, titles etc. works fine. BUT, I can't get
translatet content to be displayed.

I know there are two concepts of doing a translation, and minimum 3 ways to
do this, so it's very confusing. (I start at the point after creating an
alternative Website languge and creating an alternative language for the
page).

1. two different content-elements:
    you have to use the localization bar in TV itself and to copy all the
CEs you would like to use in its language. Then you have to select under
content the language you want to use, to save, and then to insert your
content. Very strange behavior and if anything changes f.e. with pictures
you have to do it multiple. Under "type" has the right language to be
entered and under "content" and then Whow you see your translated content.
This workflow is lousy.

2. one content-element that contains all translations (for me the right way
to use it)
    using the "list-modul" selecting the content and use the shown flags to
create a translation. Then edit the content. an save. This seems to me the
usefullst way to do this but nothing appears on the page.
    I tried any combination of selecting the languange under content an so
on but nothing happens. Theres no way to get this to work.

Does anyone know more? I tried this in TV 0.3 and TV 0.4.

Daniel Vordemvenne
forty-four Multimedia GmbH