[Typo3] Problem with search result browser back button

Manfred Langhammer langhammer.manfred at utanet.at
Fri Feb 11 23:37:23 CET 2005

Hello,

I have the following problem:
-) Search my site with indexed-search extension
-) Follow a search result
-) Use the browser back button from this search result page (which is a common behaviour to get to another search result)
-) Get "Page not found...."

This happens with IE6 under Windows XP Pro. With Netscape 7.2 this error does NOT happen (only the message that the POSTDATA is sent again).

I use Typo3 3.7.0 + simulate static pages + index_search extension (NO real-url extension). But it also happens if I turn off simulate static.
I can avoid this problem if I change the search form from method="post" to "GET". But this is not a "pretty" solution as it shows all search parameters in the URL.

I tried some Typo3 Sites and it seems that this is a widely spread problem as I found the same problem w.g. on www.haba.de and www.handwerks-power.de...

Any idea how to get rid of the problem with IE also with POST method would be great.

Best regards
Manfred Langhammer