[Typo3] Re: Typo3-english Digest, Vol 17, Issue 55

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at mokka.at
Fri Feb 11 09:54:07 CET 2005

> Hi all !
> I have 3 little questions (but impotant :-) ).

And for this you quote the complete digest ...
Read:

Escpecially #2.1

> 2. I think we must write some part of TYPO3 core in C for use fast dll.
> Have u any idea about this?

You are talking about dll's so you are talking about windows.
remember that most core developers use unix for their development
systems (for good reasons I think :) )

but either under windows as under unix it wouldn't make sense to
create CGI's for specific parts of the core ... you could see it
as a nothing or all thingy ... either you replace the complete core
by CGI's which use shared libaries (dll's) or you leave the complete
core in PHP ... it wouldn't make sense to replace a part as every
part makes heavy use of other T3 functionalities ... so if you start
rewriting the code you will soon notice that everything is woven into
everything else

greets,
Bernhard