[Typo3] ImageMagick - further thought

Mike Jones mrt.jones at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 8 21:33:05 CET 2005

Thank you Robert for your detailed reply

So, I set up my subfolders in mysite

/htdocs/mysite/IM/bin/

I copied into the bin folder the contents of the IM 4.2.9 static binaries as
per Christopher's post - thanks Christopher -

he said:

>If you decide to use 4.2.9, check out sunsite.dk for a static binary:

>http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/linux/

I found the full path from phpinfo - using the information in the
SCRIPT_FILENAME and DOCUMENT_ROOT variables and I entered this in the
[im_path] field in the All Configuration form in the install tool. I
committed that by confirming that it should write to localconf.php.

And still I get the same message on the Basic Configuration page :

It seems that there is no adequate ImageMagick installation available at the
checked locations

- it then lists the locations it has checked and it includes the path that I
have specified - and, guess what? ImageMagick does not work.

(An aside question - should the files in the bin folder be convert.bin,
combine.bin and identify.bin or should they be convert.exe, combine.exe or
identify.exe? )

Is there a setting on the server that needs to in place for it to work? - if
I knew what then I could as my hosting company to look into it for me

Any further thoughts would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Mike Jones