[Typo3] Login's and what-not

Robert Heller rah at rheller.net
Mon Feb 7 20:44:24 CET 2005

Joshua Preston wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I have a couple of problems that I was hoping someone could address.  I
> have been attempting to get logins working properly for the front end.
> I've installed the fe_register for front end user registration, but for
> some reason, no matter what I specify as the starting point or general
> storage folder, the user ALWAYS gets created in the "Join" page.  I
> would be content keeping it there, however, I have been unable to get
> the login function to work correctly.  I'm sure it is an easy fix,
> however, there doesn't seem to be any documentation on how to create
> logins from a blank website/template.
>
> Does anyone have any advice?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joshua Preston.

Check the 'Constants' section for the plugin.  You should be able to
change the PID for the sysfolder there.

Otherwise, put an entry in the template that tells the login page where
the sysfolder with the users is.  One of the constants / variables is
loginPID.  I am not sure if you are using the tx_srfe.... user
registration extension.  If you are, then this has a constant you can
set in the constant editor to point to the sysfolder to contain the users.