[Typo3] Blank pages showing in a random manner

Wolfgang Wopperer wolfgang.wopperer at mindmatters.de
Mon Feb 7 15:19:50 CET 2005

I developed a Typo3 site on our test server, where everything worked just
fine. After importing the site on the live server, however, I encountered
the following behaviour:

When I'm logged in as a BE user, all pages are being displayed correctly.
But when I visit the site without being logged in, I get blank pages in a
random manner, sometimes even for pages that were displayed correctly a few
moments ago. The pages are being served by Typo3, as they contain e.g. the
CSS styles for all plugins, but the <body>-element is empty.

The versions of Typo3 (3.6.2) and all plugins are exactly the same on test
and live server, as are the respective configurations. The templates work
correctly, too.

Can someone give me a hint what could be causing this behaviour? Or can
someone tell me how I can get Typo3 to give me some details about what's
happening behind the scenes when I reach a blank page?

Thanks in advance!

Wolfgang