[Typo3] Filelink with pdf conversion to GIF problem

Philipp Fleischmann phf at gmx.at
Thu Feb 3 14:11:19 CET 2005

Hi Albert

Maybe I was a bit unclear in my original post: I cannot change anything about ImageMagick on my Server. So, my idea was to use gif instead of jpeg. But, the filelink content element does use jpeg, and so far I was not able to change that. Maybe someone knows at least the .php file sends the convert command, so I could change it manually?

On your questions: In several posts (I don't remeber by whom) it was recommended to use Graphics Magick + a special wrapper instead. I coudn't try it (see above).

By the way:  In the install tool conversion from PDF to GIF is not tested. In the install tool, conversion from PDF to jpeg does only work for me if i turn on the IM 5+ workaround that disables the [0] at the end of the command. this way ALL the pages, not only the first one, are converted. But since I want to make previews for multi-page documents, the conversion process then is too long and probably provokes a timeout error in displaying it. (that's my personal explanation why it does work in the install tool but not in the page)

bye

philipp

- Philipp Fleischmann (phf at gmx.at)