[Typo3] Indexed search finding access restricted pages

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Wed Feb 2 12:12:35 CET 2005

Hi Kasper,

Thanks for your reply.

> I don't consider this a bug but rather a decision made that it would
be an acceptable measure to show the >title of the page. This can be
prevented if the news plugin doesn't set the header. Alternatively, use
>fully restricted PAGE for secret news items instead of secrecy on
element level.

I guess you are thinking of the substitutePagetitle = 1 parameter in the
news configuration?

I tried disabling it now, clearing all cache, logging in, out again and
searching. It stills shows the title of the news item. Did I miss
something?

I find it pretty difficult (and maybe rather confusing) to use two
different pages for the two types of news.

Would it maybe be possible to ask for this as a new feature in a further
version, that I could configure that it should secure access restricted
news not to be found by the wrong users?

Also, I remember you were working on a new version of the Indexed Search
Engine back in november. Is that version getting closer or?

Regards,

Lars Houmark