[TYPO3] Preventing the instancing of existing files

Dennis Cheung hkdennis2k at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 02:33:29 CET 2005

Hi,

I don't think image*.jpg is a good idea nor a good feature. Sometimes
it even hamful.

e.g.
You do uploaded the image_99.jpg, you have no idea what has changed,
datetime of update. Cannot rollback by typo3??

  and I just read extractFromResources, it use ereg image*.jpg may
found imageicon.jpg.

You don't know what will you get~

But, where I can found some papes about this feature?

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/FILE
There is no "resource" Data type exists. I still not understand how it
lookup files and that is the order of searching arounds folders.

Dennis