[TYPO3] Preventing the instancing of existing files

Søren Vedel sv at workhouse.com.br
Wed Dec 28 03:43:28 CET 2005

Hi Dennis,

You are right in the case where you upload from the template resources.
Here it is necessary with some discipline about naming of the files to
avoid the problem you mention. If you delete the old file first, you
won't have any trouble.

If you upload via the File->Filelist folder, you have the option to
'Overwrite existing files'.

Another approach is to use the EXT:quixplorer which is a lot more
advanced when it comes to filehandling or plain FTP.

/Søren