[Typo3] testsite 3.81, tt_news, V1.0.4 or V2 ?

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Wed Dec 21 15:37:19 CET 2005

Hannibal wrote:
> But tt_news 2+ is version beta......
> And V1.04 is stable.....
> If my Typo3 site go out of lab and on line,use tt_news 2+ beta will
> collapse my site?

Keep in mind that the beta/stable status for extension is absolutely
arbitrary, every extension author can choose it at will. I don't know
why the current version is marked beta, but generally tt_news is one of
the best maintained extensions I know. The 1.x might be marked stable
but it has not been updated for a long time, so you get less features
and not necessarily more stability.

BTW, as long as you use extensions in your site, you need to do all the
testing yourself anyway before you go into production because there is
no quality assurance of any kind for extensions.

Greetings,
Michael