[Typo3] replicate content in multi-domain site

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Mon Dec 19 20:00:58 CET 2005

I'm basically building a series (10+) of extranets, for a corporate
client, where each extranet will have its own domain (abc.XYZ.com,
def.XYZ.com, ghi.XYZ.com,etc). Obviously they want to be able to only
update pages once and have that reflected across all extranets.

content_from_pid_allowOutsideDomain=1

So this is brilliant! I knew I saw that somewhere I just couldn't seem
to find it again was all. This would then allow me to have a master
record of pages that was not public and could be referenced to each
extranet. Does anyone know if it will then work the way I want it to for
each domain and tree?

Meaning I think there might be 2 main issues - links, and search!

This remind me about the links issue, as you mention in the typoScript!
  Does anyone know a nice way around that problem?  I would obviously
have the master copy (site A) having links to pages within it, and when
this is referenced into site B these links would not be connected to
pages in site B if I use the typoscript you have. And if I remove the
typoscript they would then link back to the non-public facing master
site A which is also not acceptable...

Search function... they each need to have a search function and I don't
want to have a situation where I need to create 100 pages each with
there own content JUST for the search function to work.

So any info available would be handy from everyone.

Thanks