[Typo3] TV-Mappings damaged after change to UTF-8

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Fri Dec 16 09:26:48 CET 2005


Dirk Völlger wrote:
> I have encountered ver strange problems with TV-Mappings after I changed
> my Database to UTF-8.
> I did the following:
> First, i dumped my Database ( mysqldump dbname > dbname.sql)
> To recode, I used the little helper -recode-:
>    recode LATIN1..UTF8 copy_of_dbname.sql
> I cleaned the existing tables and copied the recoded database back in.
> Since that, all TV-Mappings have disappeared. I always had this phenomen
> so I thought, ok, back to work: MAPPING.. (Thats comfortable in the
> beginning, but weird if you have a huge project)

Yes. Mapping is stored as serialized PHP array and it will be damaged if
you convert to UTF-8. You have to delete TOs and recreate them. I went
through it already once...


More information about the TYPO3-english mailing list