[Typo3] Is "RUBY" going to get ahead of "PHP"

Rico Gloeckner mc at ukeer.de
Thu Dec 15 13:44:13 CET 2005

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 01:25:14PM +0100, Joe Frontman wrote:
> Ries van Twisk wrote:
> > Ruby is a framework, typo3 is a framework +  CMS....
> >
> > Ries
> >
> I thought that "Ruby" is the programming language and "Rails" is a web
> framework.

Correct.

And PHP is not the successor of Perl; whoever brought that up ought to
be put the head into a big tarpit.

Rails is also something completely different to T3.

Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP = Programming Languages.
Typo3 = CMS
Rails (or "Ruby on Rails") = MVC-based Web Framework

	--mc
	(who is too sleepy for a real flame)