[Typo3] Problem with folder move... File not written to disk! Write permission error in filesystem?

Gilles Deacur tronno22556 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 16:27:36 CET 2005

Roy Beck wrote:
> Gilles Deacur wrote:
>

>> How do you check the ownership of files?  Is this something that can
>> be done with an FTP browser?  I'm using FileZilla.

> I don't know about FileZilla, but in CuteFTP you just right-click on the
> file and select "Properties". (Can't change it though, need shell access
> for that) Since you moved your files from one folder to another on the
> same host, chances are your ouwnership is fine. With me, I moved from
> one host to another and had to change the ownerships ( I tarballed my
> entire site, ftp'd the tarball to the new host then expanded the
> file...I have shell access on my new host so that was easier for me.)
> Your problem is more likely the open_basedir issue.
>
> Roy Beck
> rabeck at islanders.ca
> http://www.islanders.ca

What I had to do is download all files to my harddrive and then upload
to a different position in the website.  Filezilla apparently lacks a
feature that just moves the files around on the site itself.

I went into the install tool and my open_basedir is : open_basedir: off

This is the exact same setting in the old site location.