[Typo3] Problem adding links with 3.8 htmlArea

Manfred Rutschmann manfred.rutschmann at cobra-tut.de
Wed Dec 7 15:52:25 CET 2005

Patrick O'Hara schrieb:

> I am running typo3 3.8.0.  When I open a text element in the htmlArea
> rich text editor and attempt to add a link, the popup window opens,
> but i get a 500 error in the window.  Any suggestions on how I go
> about trouble shooting this?
>
> --
> Tanks for your Support
> Pat O'Hara
>   _      _      _

Hello Patrick,

run your server with PHP in CGI mod? If this is, then you must give the
popupfile permissions like this: 775. Typo3 givs standard the
permissions on extension installation of 755. In the install tool you
can edit the file create and folder create mask. Type in the field 775
and have further no problems!

I hope this help!

Best wishes from Germany

Manfred