[Typo3] Server Upgrade

Nate Russell webmaster at int-res.com
Wed Dec 7 11:56:40 CET 2005

Hello,

We have 3.8.0 installed and running on a Ready-to-Run Server from
Schlund.de and we will be doing a server hardware upgrade in the next
few days. We will have the same packet but we are just upgrading it to
the latest version that they offer i.e. faster, bigger, better.

It was explained to me that the upgrade process basically entails
schlund mirroring the HD with all files and databases to a new machine.
I'm sure it is a bit more detailed and complicated than that but that is
the gist of it.

My question is: What could go wrong?

All data and databases are being copied 1 to 1.
There will be the same names, permissions, paths and PHP/MySQL version.

New Proc is 64bit AMD. I don't think this is a problem at all but I just
thought I would mention it.

I don't think there will be a problem aside from some possible short
downtime due to the IP address changing.

Am I forgetting anything?

Thanks for the brain-picking,

Nate