[Typo3] Multilingual problem

Tim Riemenschneider lists-05 at tim-riemenschneider.de
Wed Dec 7 11:53:35 CET 2005

Damir Dezeljin schrieb:
> Hi.
>
> Finally i managed to get working the basic multilingual functionality.
>
> Now it is working:
> - http://my.site.com/index.php?L=0
> - http://my.site.com/index.php?L=1
>

> I still have some questions:
> - How can I set the default language options? I mean - I would like to
> set the default language to be my language (Slovene) and alternate
> language to be english (this is displayed correctly).
>
> - Where should I look into to add a language select bar on my site?
>
> - How can I set the encoding for the site? Is it possible to use
> different encodings for each langauge?
>
> Thanks again and best regards,
> Dezo

Hi,
I'm also using a multilingual-site with a default language not
being english.
For the selection I use the extension sr_language_menu, for
selecting the default language I have
plugin.tx_srlanguagemenu_pi1.defaultLanguageISOCode = DE
in the CONSTANTS-area of my template (thus selecting german as
the default-language.

For the encoding (I don't need it here, so just guessing), wouldn't
it be enough to select the default encoding first and
than overriding it in the conditional?
Something like:
config.encoding = (whatever needed for default lang)
config.language = de
[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
config.sys_language_uid = 1
config.language = fr
config.encoding = (encoding for language 1)
[global]