[Typo3] export to static html

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 08:10:52 CET 2005

> I know there is no a perfect solution for this problem, but can anyone
> show me what are my options? (at the moment it's a must feature for my
> website)

One option to consider already discussed on this list in the past is:

1) realurl to get the .html suffix.
2) httrack to grab a static copy of the whole live website.
3) rsync to copy the httrack generated pages to a live server.
4) You could cron steps 2 & 3 to automatically update a live server.

I would like to see this feature in TYPO3 by default. It would help people
develop locally on a M$ PC and then 'upload' to cheap hosts as well as
difficult hosts where space and bandwith and speed are critical issues.

There are of issues with dynamic elements so it always depends on your
project.

Matthew