[Typo3] creating a basic extension : how can i add a select/option form element in the BE/plugin

typo3-ml at w3tex.com typo3-ml at w3tex.com
Mon Dec 5 14:14:06 CET 2005

yes great ! that was so simple !
thanks you all !

now i have another question :
in the fron end i have now a category menu, and a list of items :

<menu>
cat1
cat2
</menu>

<list>
item 1 blablabla...
item x blabla...
</list>

both elements are generated by the main function in my pi1/
class.tx_....._pi1.php
they are displayed in the NORMAL column.

Now i need to have the <menu> element in the LEFT column
and the <list> in the NORMAL column.

how can I do that ?
The easy/worst way would be to have 2 separate plugins ;)
but i know there must be a way to give the plugin a parameter...
I'm trying to add another array to $TCA["tx_...._list"] but it
doesn't look to be correct.

i'd like to have something like in tt_news, where "you can tell the
plug-in" to act with menu behavior or a list behavior or a x behavior...

thanks for your help