[Typo3] Indexed Search (CVS Version) + MySQL 4.1 + UTF-8 => no results with special chars

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Dec 3 11:37:47 CET 2005

Hi folks,

> If you set the DB-tables to "UTF-8", and you request some data in
> ISO-Latin-1 mode, which is what TYPO3 probably does, the DB will try to
> do some conversion, which will probably corrupt the data that TYPO3 will
> work with.

Ah, this reminds me of an old bug which is still open.
I've written a fix for it according to the users explanation, but never knew
any use for it.

Karsten, please have a look herer: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1262

Does this solve your problem?

Since it is a MySQL bug, I'm unsure if we should commit this to the core.
Better wait for a MySQL upgrade maybe...?

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out