[Typo3] Data replication

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Sat Dec 3 00:15:48 CET 2005

Hello all,

Several times in our latest projects we had to implement the same
thing time and again - replicating the data from some external source
into the TYPO3 DB. Different types of data, such as front end user
records, address, events, you name it. Different type of source data,
from CVS to MS SQL to Access. Doesn't have to be real-time, the
replication periods vary from every 15 minutes to once a day.

So far we have been writing a short scripts here and there that would
read the data and add it to TYPO3 DB, but this is really at a point
where I am considering either starting an extension that would do data
replication between TYPO3 DB and an arbitrary ADODB data source, or
looking for some 3-rd party tool that would not be specific to TYPO3
at all.

I looked at some extensions in TER, but none of them use ADODB as data
source. The closest two that I am looking at are dbsync and
datasources, but they are like 2 separate pieces that I really need
together and I don't think they fit to each other.

Has anybody worked on this before or is interested in working
together? I am not entirely convinced this has to be a T3 extension -
if anyone uses some tool to do that I'd appreciate a hint very much as
well.

Thanks!

--
Dimitri Tarassenko