[Typo3] Indexed Search (CVS Version) + MySQL 4.1 + UTF-8 => no results with special chars

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Fri Dec 2 14:33:19 CET 2005

Hi!

Jochen Rieger wrote:
> So, what would be the perfect settings for Apache, PHP and MySQL to use
> those components with TYPO3 3.8.1 and UTF-8 charset?
>
> Do you have to set EVERYTHING to ISO? Also AddDefaultCharset in Apache
> etc.? What do you recommend?

My servers are running with this configuration:
- BE/forceCharset in install tool is set to UTF-8
- SYS/multiplyDBfieldSize is set to 2
- all templates are UTF-8
- all content is UTF-8 (because BE is UTF-8)
- mysql runs with latin1

This way all FE output naturally becomes UTF-8. As I see in the
database, it is stored "as is", without any conversion. All non-latin
characters display fine (sites use non-English language).

Dmitry.