[Typo3] Indexed Search (CVS Version) + MySQL 4.1 + UTF-8 => no results with special chars

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Fri Dec 2 13:47:16 CET 2005

Hi Dmitry,

>>Wouldn't it be good to check, if the DB supports UTF-8 natively? And if
>>so to leave out the transformation it seemingly is doing at the moment.
>
> ...and ask all extensions authros do the same. :) Not realistic I think.

of cause not. I was just asking myself if this is really neccessary
cause usually anyway one should use API functions to access the database
etc.

However you surely are right.

So, what would be the perfect settings for Apache, PHP and MySQL to use
those components with TYPO3 3.8.1 and UTF-8 charset?

Do you have to set EVERYTHING to ISO? Also AddDefaultCharset in Apache
etc.? What do you recommend?

Greets,
Jochen