[Typo3] working with database in Typo3

Vlatko Šurlan vsurlan at net.hr
Wed Aug 31 18:55:17 CEST 2005

Mohammed Al-Mansari wrote:
> Hi list,
> is it possible to work with DB2 in Typo3? or should I
> migrate my database to Mysql?

I have a slight sensation that you do not understand quite well what you
have asked here. Typo3 is content managment system. It is an entire
application with a whole pile of scripts and databases that go with the
scripts. These databases are integral part of typo3 and "working with
them" has meaning only if you are a tyo3 developer. So unles that
database you are talking about is actually a typo3 database (highly
unlikley as much as I know, please correct me if I am wrong) typo3
cannot do much with it at all. You need to clarify a little what exactly
  do you expect of typo3 to do with your database...

> the docummentaion is a good gift from the guys woking
> on it! but, could anybody tells me whether
> is there any tutorial that explains how one can deal
> with database inside Typo3, i.e. constructing tables
> according to my datamodel or schema? is it by using
> phpMyAdmin?
>
> now I am in Modern Template Building part 2&3! should
> I wait till be guided to database adminstration? If
> so, is MTB part 1 not enough to start?

 From the above I conclude that you have a genuine need to actually
create and use your own custom database. If you need typo3 to do
anything with data from database or tables that you have modeled you
will most likley need to write an extension. For example if you used
typo3 to create a site about atoms and you would like to get typo3 to
display a database that you created to model atoms you would need to
write an extension for that.

Now either I missunderstood you or your question is just so wague I
could theoretize until the cows come home.

--
Isus Krist je umro za moje i tvoje opravdanje.
Jesus Christ died for yours and mine justification.