[Typo3] Shorter links with AliasPro and Front End User Registration

Paul Sanderson pauls at iicservices.com
Sun Aug 28 14:01:47 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I have a number of sites using a combination of AliasPro (gst_aliaspro)
and Front End User Registration (sr_feuser_register) and have been
trying to implement shorter links in confirmation emails.

After some searching and testing I have been able to establish a working
set of properties using the combination of the above extensions.

# Configuration for AliasPro
config {
  simulateStaticDocuments = 1
  simulateStaticDocuments_aliasPro = 1
  # Leaving out the following property (even if blank) causes
confirmation link to be posted with only '/' instead of domain and link
variables aren't encrypted either.
  absRefPrefix =
  headerComment = TYPO3 Web Development by IIBS Consulting
http://www.iibsc.com/
  # Configurations to shorten confirmation links in sr_feuser_register
#  Using the simulateStaticDocuments_pEnc property removed all variables
from the confirmation link so I have commented out this property as had
been recommended by the sr_feuser_register instructions.
#  simulateStaticDocuments_pEnc = md5
# I removed the 'L' variable as 'language' attributes weren't used on
this site.
  simulateStaticDocuments_pEnc_onlyP =
fD[_FIELDLIST],fD[disable],fD[usergroup],tx_srfeuserregister_pi1[aC],
tx_srfeuserregister_pi1[cmd],tx_srfeuserregister_pi1[rU],tx_srfeuserregister_pi1[sFK]
  # The following property was taken on suggestion from the following
thread:
http://typo3.org/documentation/mailing-lists/english-main-list-archive/thread/110127747/?tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Bsort%5D=mail_date%3A1&tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Bsword%5D=%20%20simulateStaticDocuments_pEnc&tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Banswered_only%5D=0&tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5Bmode%5D=1&tx_maillisttofaq_pi1%5BDATA%5D%5BanswerSavedDay%5D=110127781
  notification_email_urlmode = all
}

Hope this helps others.

Best regards,