[Typo3] manual directmail-subscription

Felix Natter felix.natter at ldc.de
Fri Aug 26 14:36:32 CEST 2005

Chi Hoang <chibo at gmx.de> writes:

> Felix Natter schrieb:
>> I have one directmail subscription form which works fine, and another form
>> with a checkbox "subscribe Newsletter". Now when that other form
>> is submitted I would like to commit the subscription request just like
>> the normal dmail subscription form does.
>
> Hello,
>
> if you are using fe_user for the other form you can switch direct_mail to this
> table hence you dont need direct_mail subscription anymore. Its a typoscript
> property of direct_mail, it think it is table=fe_users in tsconfig. I'm not sure.

hello chi,

thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately the other form is not fe_user
based. It's a simple non-typo3 (plain php script) download-form where you have
to type in name, email and a few other things in order to be able to download
the selected file.

I just need a way to kick off the subscription procedure: add data to db with
hidden=1 (I could do that myself) and send infomail (for confirmation of
subscription).

thanks,

--
Felix Natter