[Typo3] [Indexed Search] - Starting point not being honored?

Dave Chewter typo3 at interonline.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 12:32:36 CEST 2005

Jody Cleveland wrote:
>>Seems it might be trickier to do at levels that are nested
>>down that far.
>

> I think I've got it now. Although, I think you're right... It does seem
> to have difficulty doing levels that far in though. I had to settle for
> one level up from where I want.
>
> It says the extension is considered "Stable" but you would think that
> choosing the starting point would actually do that.
>
> - jody

Hi

I've been looking for the solution for this myself and think i've got it
cracked now.

As you mentioned earlier you can limit it one level deep by using the

tx_indexedsearch[sections] and rl1_pageid values.

I've just noticed playing in the Typoscript object browser there is an
option that is set to off by default for Level 2 sections. Level 1 are
set to on by default.

If you add the following to the setup of your root template

plugin.tx_indexedsearch.show.L2sections = 1

it'll allow you to do level 2 section searches. Just use rl2 instead of
rl1 in your setup.

I have the search code directly in my html templates so it looks like
this, but you could put it into your typoscript templates with the
correct code.

<form action="index.php?id=9136" method="POST">
<input name="tx_indexedsearch[sword]" type="text" title="Enter a search
word" value="" size="20">
<input name="submit" type="submit" value="Go">
<input name="tx_indexedsearch[sections]" type="radio" value="rl2_83"
checked>
<input name="tx_indexedsearch[sections]" type="radio" value="0">
</form>

Hope this helps/makes sense. Shout if it doesn't and I'll try to
clarify. I've only just got to grips with the mailing list so hopefully
this will go onto the previous post as a reply (I've always used forums
in the past and this is a little 'different').

Good luck
Dave