[Typo3] tricky: realURL lookUpTable multiple alias_fields?

christian oettinger christian.oettinger at gmx.de
Wed Aug 24 15:36:09 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Can anyone think of a possibilty to use a combination of multiple
alias_fields in realURL?
In my case (extension) I have books with a unique title (so no problem).
But I also have issues of a magazine that are identified with a
combination of 2 fields: number and year. It would be great to have URLs
in this way too.

And to make it even more complicated I have different magazines (each
with different issues) categorized only by lying on different pages.
That means we need to consider a third field to make the alias unique:
pid. This should in the end also be translated in to the page title.

In the end I would like URLs like one of the below:
.../gaia-2-2004
.../gaia/2/2004
I get the info from:
pages.title (appropriate pid looked up in my database for magazines) /
number (field in my database for magazines) / year (field in my database
for magazines)

Well, this is complicated, so perhaps my problem is not to solve...

thanks anyway for hints in any direction!

oe (christian)