[Typo3] How to create a forum?

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Wed Aug 17 13:48:11 CEST 2005

Martin Wan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am very appreciating your help at here.
>
> Now, I am facing to build a customized forum. I searched an extension:
> CHC-Forum. Does it can be used easily?
>
> About the building process, basically, I think I need to create login form,
> register form, and password get back form, right?
>
> The website needs to show several latest postings of the forum in a page,
> and need to show several latest views of a register user. Does CHC-Forum can
> help me to implement these features? Also need I to change the CSS or php
> code of the extension?
>
> Any feedback or hints, I will appreciate your help so much.

You are able to style the CHC-Forum via CSS defined in your TS. So designing it that
it will properly fit into your site will be no problem.

The register/login/password reminder forms are almost ready to use when you use the
FE-User Admin or sr_feuserregister extensions to register, the newloginbox to login
and one of the tree for the password reminder ...

I don't know if it is actually possible to show the latest postings or the last viewed
user profiles but I remember that there have been some changes in CHC Forum making it
more a "community" plattform

greets,
Bernhard
--