[Typo3] Problem to display the "field = title" on my page

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 16:46:59 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 16/08/05, a.lim <funkycms at axidea.fr> wrote:
> Hi y'all !!
>
> I got a little problem to display the title of my page. I got a <span> tag
> that I mapped as an cObject. This <span> is used to allow me to change
> dynamically the <legend> tag of a <fieldset> section tag. What I wanna do is
> to put the name of the page I view as the legend of my fieldset. The
> fieldset the container for my content. For info, I got a <div> tag mapped as
> content element.
>
> This is the code I wrote:
>

> lib.fieldset = TEXT
>
> lib.fieldset {
>
>    field = title
>
>    wrap = <span class="title"> | </span>
>
> }
>

> The problem is that nothing is displayed. Otherwise I can display the title
> if I add this code
>

> Page.5 = TEXT
>
> Page.5 < lib.fieldset.
>

> But the title is displayed on the left corner of the page. This is not what
> I wanna do. If someone could help me or give me a hint, it would be cool.

lib.fieldset = TEXT
lib.fieldset {
  data = page:title
  wrap = <span class="title"> | </span>
}

Have a look at the section 'TemplaVoila GIFBUILDER fontcolor from
selectorbox?' on the page
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TemplaVoila#Using_Gifbuilder_with_other_TV_fields_as_parameters.

The subject isn't directly related to your question, but there is a
very clear answer given to why .field doesn't work the same in TV as
it does elsewhere.

-Christopher