[Typo3] ERROR: No content is added to an new page (tx_templavoila_flex is empty)

René Schade schade at hypergenic.com
Tue Aug 16 15:47:45 CEST 2005

Hi!,

When I create a new page, adding the first content to this page (sometimes) fails.

I do it like this:
1) Click on parent page, select "new".
2) Select page (inside)
3) I enter a pagetitle and save the page.
4) I click on the newly created page in the page tree.
5) I click on the icon "Create new record".
5) In the list of possible records, I select "Regular text element".
6) The screen turns blank. No record editor.

Lets have a look at the webservers error-log:

[Tue Aug 16 15:11:03 2005] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use string offset as
 an array in /xxx/typo3conf/ext/templavoila/class.tx_templavoila_xmlrelhndl.php on line 542

Checking out the file "class.tx_templavoila_xmlrelhndl.php", its the method _getItemArrayFromXML
that fails, the signature looks like this:

function _getItemArrayFromXML($xmlString, $refArr)	{

...and doing a few tests, it seems like the error occours because $xmlString is empty.

There is a workaround:

7) After the screen goes blank, go back to the page in the tree, select "edit page header".
8) Under the content field, click the add content button, browser to the page, and click
   on the content named "[No title]".

Adding content element #2 works just fine, only the first content element fails.

Checking out the difference on the page before and after the workaround, one extra field
is filled out "tx_templavoila_flex" was empty before but filled out afterwards. This field
has information of the content elements to this page, which makes sene that the bug
is connected to that.

Is something wrongly set up in templavoila?

Maybe, this is related to the fact that this site is a copy of another site?

Regards,
René Schade