[Typo3] Setup admin panel related edit panels

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Mon Aug 15 08:43:11 CEST 2005

HI

I tried to setup admin panel related edit panels, but I didn't get
defitions work. The base problem is what should be outside curly
brackets?

WHAT HERE
{
allow=toolbar,edit...
}

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/EDITPANEL/

doesn't tell it! It expects that the reader knows it without any
explanations and examples.

I have tryed to quess what it might be

#EDITPANEL.allow = toolbar,edit,new,delete,move,hide // didn't work

I have even tried to redefine it on the base of some advice:

editPanel >
editPanel = COA
editPanel {
         10 = EDITPANEL
         10 {
                 label =
                 allow = toolbar,edit,new,delete,move,hide
         }

page.20 < editPanel

Which didn't work either.

either this, which I made on the base of CSS Styled Content setup.txt

styles.content.editPanelPage = COA
styles.content.editPanelPage {
#editPanel >
#editPanel = COA
#editPanel {
          10 = EDITPANEL
          10 {
                #label.data =
LLL:EXT:css_styled_content/pi1/locallang.php:eIcon.page
                #label.wrap = |&nbsp;<b>%s</b>
                lable.wrap = |
                label.data =
                allow = toolbar,edit,new
                # onlyCurrentPid = 1
   }

'toolbar' here is extra six buttons for admin panel related individual
edit panels.

BTW. Edit panel is poorly customizable - should be an option to disable the
header text (endeed easy to hide with CSS) and individual buttons in
the toolbar should have option in order to enable/disable them (for
example 'enable. toolbar.history' etc. - maybe there are such
defitions).
Also skinning features are missing. I created skin folder edit panels.
In over all frontend editing features are in Typo3 quite good using the
standard page module even if some buttons don't work (move up, move
down, hide and delete). Concerning TemplaVoila frontend editing doesn't
work the level, which commercial web sites expets. TemplaVoila is not
yet ready for really productive usage - it is still a test-level
approach. Customizing the standard page module, the layout can be ok
for newbees. I have made a request concerning missing skinning features.

I have tried several time a proper answer - too difficult to answer?