[Typo3] cmjstickernews

dfunkd at dfunkd.com dfunkd at dfunkd.com
Mon Aug 15 00:29:16 CEST 2005

I have the cm_jstickernews ext installed and working, however I'm having trouble
successfully configuring the categories it should display. I have three
categories:
2=Product news
3=Company news
4=ticker news

I also have about 10 news items, which are assigned various categories, from
just one category to two and three categories. These news items and categories
are in a sys folder (uid=29)

My template has the following in the setup:
plugin.tx_cmjstickernews_pi1.newsItemOrderBy = datetime DESC
plugin.tx_cmjstickernews_pi1.newsCatList = 4
plugin.tx_cmjstickernews_pi1.newsPidList = 29

The documentation suggests this setup would only show "ticker" news items,
however it actually displayed no news items,
plugin.tx_cmjstickernews_pi1.newsCatList = 2
shows all news items assigned any two categories, and
plugin.tx_cmjstickernews_pi1.newsCatList = 1
shows all news items assigned any one category (ie all news items), and
plugin.tx_cmjstickernews_pi1.newsCatList = 3,1
shows all news items assigned three categories and all items assigned one
category (and does not show news items assigned two categories).
etc etc etc

So in my experience, newsCatList does not retrieve the news items from specific
categories, but rather the number of categories a new items is assigned to.

Can anyone confirm if this is the normal operation of the extension?
Has anyone else experienced this or is it unique to me?
Can anyone tell me how to configure it to just display items from category 4?

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks

Alex